I Woke Up Like This
What are PDO Threads?
What to expect during PDO threads treatment?
How should I prepare for treatment?
- It is ideal to schedule this procedure 2-3 weeks prior to a big event.
- Treatment is not recommended while taking an antibiotic. Please inform our office if you are on an antibiotic so we can reschedule.
- Avoid dental work, including routine cleanings 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your thread treatment; otherwise, rescheduling will be required.
- You may have some bruising or swelling after this procedure. Over-the-counter Arnica supplements have been shown to decrease swelling. You may begin taking them a few days prior to treatment.
- Do NOT use aspirin, Motrin, Advil, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, fish oil, St. John’s Wort, garlic pills, or other anti-inflammatory medications for 1 week prior if okay with your primary care physician, as they can increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 48 hours prior to treatment (alcohol is a blood thinner).
- You may take Tylenol for mild pain or headaches.
What is my post-treatment care plan?
- DO NOT massage areas where the threads are placed unless instructed.
- Sleep elevated on your back for 3-5 days.
- Gentle cleansing of the treated area is okay, but avoid harsh serums, retinol, and glycolic acid for 1 week.
- Treated areas may be slightly red, swollen, slightly irregular, and bruised for the first 1-2 weeks, but these symptoms will decrease.
- Stinging or pulling pain and discomfort are normal and can be alleviated with over-the-counter Tylenol. NSAIDs, such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen, should be avoided immediately after treatment for the next 48 hours.
- Avoid alcohol and medications that affect blood clotting effects like fish oils, Vitamin E, ginkgo, and NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Aspirin) for the next 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid opening your mouth too wide for up to 2 weeks, and reschedule any dental appointments for at least 2 weeks after your treatment.
- Limiting facial movements will help lifting threads to stay in place.
- Avoid tanning machines and direct sunlight; apply SPF 30+ sunblock when going outside.
- Avoid high and low temperature extremes for at least 1 week.
- Avoid baths or submerging the treatment area under water for 1 week after your procedure.
- DO NOT get a facial or a massage in treated areas for 4 weeks after your procedure.
- DO NOT apply makeup for the next 48 hours after your procedure.
- Take a break from strenuous exercise and activity for at least 1 week, as this causes extreme facial movements.
- If bruising occurs, you may continue Arnica supplements or apply topical Arnica gel; drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
- Stinging and “pulling” pain, as well as the scratchy sensation you experience after your procedure, will begin to subside by week 2 and typically disappear by week 5.
- We recommend a follow-up session 3 months post-treatment.
- If you experience increased redness, swelling, pain at injection site, or a protruding thread, please call and notify your practitioner. Lifting threads do require more things to avoid than smooth and twisted threads.
Are there any side effects?
You may temporarily experience pain, bruising, and minor bleeding at the procedure site.
How long do results last?
Results can remain for up to 1-2 years due to cellular rejuvenation effects!
Look good + feel good
Did you know that you can add one of our wellness-inducing + fat-burning vitamin shots to any service?