Oh, so natural results
“Liquid Gold” is a growth factor serum derived from your blood used to stimulate cell growth within the body. PRP/PRF helps to improve skin texture, thicken and tighten skin, and reduce wrinkles.
How does PRF/PRP treatment work?
PRF/PRP is one of the most natural ways to induce collagen! Blood is drawn from your arm and spun in a centrifuge to separate the platelets, which are then injected back into targeted areas. It can also be combined with other fillers. It contains platelet cytokines, fibrin matrix, growth factors, and cells that aid with skin rejuvenation, wound healing, and hair growth.
Because a blood draw is required for this treatment, please stay hydrated for at least 24 hours before your appointment.
How should I prepare for treatment?
- If you develop a fever, cold, flu, cold sore, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, it is recommended that you reschedule.
- Treatment is not recommended while taking an antibiotic. Please inform our office if you are on an antibiotic so we can reschedule.
- It is recommended, if you have a special event or vacation coming up that you schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
- If you are being treated in the lip area and have a history of cold sores, it’s recommended that you are pretreated with medication. **Please let us know that you need a prescription if you do not have this medication on hand. **
- Discontinue use of anti-inflammatory drugs (steroidal and non-steroidal), such as Aspirin, Motrin (or any other Ibuprofen drugs) at least 1 week before your treatment. With PRP/PRF, we “want” inflammation since this is one of the mechanisms of how PRP/PRF does its work.
- If you are or have been on Systemic use of Corticosteroids (steroids) within 2 weeks of treatment, we cannot treat you. Consult your physician for approval to discontinue use of steroids and receive treatment.
- Discontinue use of any other blood thinning agents, such as: Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s and DHA’s), etc. at least 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising and bleeding.
- It is recommended that you avoid alcohol, Niacin supplement, and spicy foods for 48 hours before and after your treatment. These may increase risk of bruising.
What is my post-treatment care plan?
- Do NOT touch, press, rub, or manipulate the treated area(s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment.
- AVOID Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve (all non-steroidal and steroidal anti-inflammatory agents), Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 1 week after your treatment.
- If you experience discomfort or pain, you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen products.
- You may apply ice if you wish to the injected area after the procedure, but we would prefer if you can refrain from this.
- Do not wash the treated area for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- Do not use any lotions, creams, or make-up for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- AVOID vigorous exercise, sun, and heat exposure for at least 48 hours after your treatment.
- AVOID alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes for 48 hours before and after your treatment.
- If you are a smoker, your natural healing process is impaired and results may take longer.
- Maintain a healthy diet and drink at least 64 oz. of water the day of the treatment (Fiji water is recommended due to its high content of silica). Continue water intake the first week after treatment.
- It is normal to experience bruising, redness, itching, soreness, and swelling that may last up to 2 weeks following your procedure.
Are there any side effects?
Although rare, infection in the injected area is possible. Signs of infection may include redness and tenderness in the infected area and fever. Should you develop an infection, antibiotics may be necessary. Please contact us should you have any concerns.
When will I see PRF/PRP results?
The results from this treatment can take a few weeks to a few months to appear, and the results can last 12-18 months.
Love professional-grade skincare and instant savings?
Check out our financial resources + Beauty Lab favorites!