Losing Weight is Hard. Semaglutide Makes it Easier
Semaglutide with B12
What is Semaglutide?
GLP-1 medications (glucagon-like peptide 1s) are one of the most effective drug classes for long-term weight loss on the market. Semaglutide is a human-based GLP-1 receptor agonist prescribed as an adjunct to a reduced calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adults with an initial body mass index (BMI) that is considered outside a healthy range.
How does Semaglutide work?
It works by increasing insulin production and lowers glucagon secretion as well as targets areas in the brain that regulate appetite and food intake. A small change in the molecule allows the drug to last weeks in our bodies rather than the natural version our bodies make, which lasts minutes. This is a custom compound of Semaglutide and B12 for an added boost of energy, metabolism support and to reduce nausea side effects.
Semaglutide acts in the following ways
- Delays how quickly our stomachs digest food leading to a feeling of fullness and satisfaction with smaller meal sizes.
- Slows intestinal motility so you will feel fuller longer after meals.
- Lowers blood sugars, in part by reducing the production of sugar in the liver.
- Stimulates insulin secretion by the pancreas
How should I prepare for my Semaglutide treatment?
- It is helpful to have lab work prior to your appointment to expedite the process (labs recommended to be within the year) .
- The recommended labs are CBC, CMP, A1C, Lipid Panel, TSH
- Know a rough estimate of your calorie such as tracking using MyFitnessPal
- Bring your list of current medications and medication allergies if any
Frequently asked questions about Semaglutide
Semaglutide is a new FDA approved weight loss medication. However this is not a new medication. This medication is in a class of drugs known as GLP-1 (Glucagon-like peptide 1). This medication has been used and is currently used to manage type II diabetes.
We have a variety of options available. Labs can be ordered through Sonora Quest or Lab Express. We do cash pricing options which cost approximately $120 plus a draw fee of $15 at Lab Express. If you would like to use your insurance with Quest, we are not responsible for any fees incurred. Another option is to get your labs done as part of your routine physical appointment prior to your appointment with us.
additional tips during weightloss
- Get at least 150 minutes per week (25-30 a day) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes per week of vigorous aerobic activity, or a combination of both, preferably spread throughout the week.
- Add moderate-to high-intensity muscle-strengthening activity (such as resistance or weights) on at least 2 days per week.
- Spend less time sitting. Even light-intensity activity can offset some of the risks of being sedentary.
Love professional-grade skincare and instant savings?
Check out our financial resources + Beauty Lab favorites!