Losing Weight is Hard. Semaglutide Makes it Easier
Semaglutide with B12
What is Semaglutide?
GLP-1 medications (glucagon-like peptide 1s) are one of the most effective drug classes for long-term weight loss on the market. Semaglutide is a human-based GLP-1 receptor agonist prescribed as an adjunct to a reduced calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adults with an initial body mass index (BMI) that is considered outside a healthy range.
How does Semaglutide work?
It works by increasing insulin production and lowers glucagon secretion as well as targets areas in the brain that regulate appetite and food intake. A small change in the molecule allows the drug to last weeks in our bodies rather than the natural version our bodies make, which lasts minutes. This is a custom compound of Semaglutide and B12 for an added boost of energy, metabolism support and to reduce nausea side effects.
Semaglutide acts in the following ways
- Delays how quickly our stomachs digest food leading to a feeling of fullness and satisfaction with smaller meal sizes.
- Slows intestinal motility so you will feel fuller longer after meals.
- Lowers blood sugars, in part by reducing the production of sugar in the liver.
- Stimulates insulin secretion by the pancreas
How should I prepare for my Semaglutide treatment?
- It is helpful to have lab work prior to your appointment to expedite the process (labs recommended to be within the year) .
- The recommended labs are CBC, CMP, A1C, Lipid Panel, TSH
- Know a rough estimate of your calorie such as tracking using MyFitnessPal
- Bring your list of current medications and medication allergies if any
Frequently asked questions about Semaglutide
additional tips during weightloss
- Get at least 150 minutes per week (25-30 a day) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes per week of vigorous aerobic activity, or a combination of both, preferably spread throughout the week.
- Add moderate-to high-intensity muscle-strengthening activity (such as resistance or weights) on at least 2 days per week.
- Spend less time sitting. Even light-intensity activity can offset some of the risks of being sedentary.
Love professional-grade skincare and instant savings?
Check out our financial resources + Beauty Lab favorites!